About Dr. Sam Shay, DC
For over 12 years I suffered severe insomnia, digestion problems, and mystery fatigue. I was unable to cope with even mild stress, used coffee to stay awake, craved salt, suffered terrible low moods, and became addicted to sugar & video games.
Doctors told me my problems were in my head and nobody took me seriously. The irony is I came from a medical family, with both my parents and my grandfather being medical doctors. I was encouraged to get on medication and put on a high-carb, low-fat diet that was full of gluten and processed foods, all because orthodox medicine taught them that natural food was insignificant to overall health. Thankfully real, whole-foods nutrition is becoming more mainstream, yet back then, it was considered ‘alternative’.
Though destined to be the 3rd generation medical doctor, I decided to take a different route and devoted my life to natural medicine to heal myself and become a truly multi-disciplinary clinician to better help patients with the most complex of health mysteries. Along the journey, I became an unique blend of disciplines: acupuncturist, chiropractor, functional neurologist (specialised training in nervous system conditions and chronic pain), Fitgenes practitioner (advanced genetic testing), a whole-foods health coach, and teaching naturopathic principles for over 17 years.
Though this long journey, I discovered I had severe adrenal fatigue triggered by a multitude of factors. Just like I noticed from treating chronically ill patients, I had the same 10 factors, or “Pillars of Health” that were common among patients with chronic illness, regardless if it were adrenal fatigue, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, IBS, or other chronic issues. I noticed a common pattern: 100% of my chronically ill patients had at least 7 out of 10 of these “Pillars of Health” that were ‘crumbling’ under the pressure , which is why they have not gotten the results they wanted when trying out different individual therapies or protocols.
My approach includes a meticulous examination of your history, lifestyle, and your health goals, looking through the lens of the 10 Pillars of Health, including functional testing (such as genetics, adrenals, thyroid, mitochondria, gut health, and food intolerances) to investigate, identify, and give you the simplest and most effective ways to solve your health mystery and reclaim your energy and your life.
If you have struggled with mystery fatigue or mystery pain, there is still hope for your health. Even if your doctors, alternative health care professionals, friends, and even your family have given up on you, there is still hope. Please contact me today to see if I can help you solve your health mystery.
Qualifications & Experience
Dr. Sam Shay, DC, FACFN, PGDip(Acu)
- Functional Wellness & Functional testing, Acupuncturist, Chiropractor, Functional Neurologist, Online Adrenal Fatigue Coach, Video Game Addiction Coach, Whole Foods Coach, Certified Fitgenes Practitioner.
- Fitgenes Certified: www.DrSamShay.com/carbchoice
- Founder of www.DrSamShay.com – a cutting edge health blog
- Author of:
- Curator of www.TheWorkOnlineCourse.com – Dr. Shay’s unique, online approach to learn The Work of Byron Katie.
- Creator of www.EndAdrenalFatigue.com – a unique self-directed online course to reclaim your energy and end adrenal fatigue.
- Creator of www.FlourishOutOfAddiction.com – a unique self-directed online course to reverse your addiction, whether it’s food, sugar, video games, smoking, or otherwise.